Mark L. Jones focuses his transactional practice primarily in the energy industry, with additional experience in the financial services, manufacturing, transportation and technology industries. His depth of experience with energy clients has given him a high level of proficiency in handling a broad range of client issues and needs.
Mark has been the lead lawyer in more than 100 public and private securities offerings, and has been involved with more than 60 private placements of debt and equity for early-stage, developing and mature companies. He has been lead counsel for more than 100 mergers and acquisitions transactions, with a significant portion of those transactions in the energy sector.
Having served as in-house counsel for a number of years, Mark understands what clients really need and is very responsive. He has developed a pragmatic business approach and provides creative solutions to client issues.
- Lead counsel in the acquisition of an upstream energy company with assets in Canada, Australia, Guatemala and Argentina and its related petroleum products businesses for a purchase price of approximately $3.6 billion.
- Lead counsel in the disposition of a petroleum products refinery in Louisiana for $300 million.
- Has extensive experience in the purchase and sale of downstream, midstream and upstream oil and gas companies.
- Has experience acquiring water rights to be used in connection with fracking operations in South Texas shale plays.
- Assisted a proposed energy fund in establishing parameters for funding non-operator working interests in the Eagle Ford shale play and Permian Basin.
- Represented a Texas-based exploration and production company with assets in the Permian Basin and Mississippian Lime in a private placement of common stock.
- Has extensive experience with both public and private equity and debt offerings, ranging from $5 million to $5.6 billion, with more than 100 transactions that included energy, services, transportation and manufacturing companies.
- Advised the special committee of an exploration and production company in a related-party transaction with respect to the disposition of its onshore Gulf Coast assets.
- Represented a strategic oil service buyer in the purchase of a competing oil service company in the Permian Basin.
- Represented an international exploration and production company with its primary assets in Colombia and Peru in general corporate and contract matters.
- Has experience assisting with the development of training protocols for employees in the field and with the development of policies related to drug testing and their implementation.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 1985
- B.B.A., The University of Texas, 1982
Admissions : Texas
Rate : $$$