Mary V. Carroll represents a diverse roster of companies and private equity funds operating in the healthcare, life sciences, technology, manufacturing and distribution, aviation, and restaurant sectors.
An experienced negotiator, she guides companies through sophisticated strategic and financial transactions, divestitures, recapitalizations, private equity and venture capital investments, joint ventures, and equity financing partnerships.
Mary has advised on numerous transactions for ABB Optical Group, B/E Aerospace, Brockway Moran & Partners, cogint, Inc., The Comvest Group, The Frost Group, H.I.G. Capital, Kitson & Partners, OPKO Health, Resolute Forest Products, and Steiner Leisure Limited, among others.
Mary’s work is recognized by The Legal 500, which ranks her among the leading corporate and M&A lawyers in the United States. She served two terms as the chair of Akerman’s Corporate Practice Group.
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 1998, cum laude, Order of the Coif, Northwestern University Law Review, Articles Editor
- B.A., Loyola University, New Orleans, 1990, summa cum laude, Cardinal Key Award for Outstanding Female Graduate
Bar Admissions : Florida
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, South Florida, Board of Directors, 2012-2015
- South Florida Business Journal Women’s Leadership Group
- The Commonwealth Institute, Advisory Board Member, 2009-2014; Treasurer, 2011-2014; Annual Leadership Luncheon, A Conversation With Madeleine Albright, Co-Chair, 2009; Top 50 Women-Led Businesses in Florida Luncheon, Co-Chair, 2010
Rate : $$$