Mary Weeks represents corporations and their directors and officers in complex commercial and securities litigation. Clients turn to her for guidance when facing allegations of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, or corporate governance disputes.
Mary is an associate with the securities litigation and business litigation practices. She focuses on the defense of corporations and their directors and officers in securities class actions, shareholder derivative suits, M&A litigation and complex business disputes litigated in federal and state courts across the country.
Representative Matters :
- Represent biopharmaceutical companies and their directors and officers in multiple securities class actions pending before the Southern District of New York and related derivative actions filed in state court.
- Secured favorable outcomes in early stages of litigation for numerous corporations and their directors and officers in multiple derivative actions alleging various breaches of fiduciary duty and violations of Section 14(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 which challenged the price, process, and disclosures of the company in relation to M&A transactions.
- Represented Delta Air Lines, Inc. in breach of contract action that proceeded to a multi-phase jury trial in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. Obtained a favorable settlement following first phase of jury trial.
- Defended the majority members of a limited liability company in a dispute with a minority member who asserted claims for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of the operating agreement.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of the stockholders in a Washington dissenters’ rights proceeding (removed to federal court) seeking a fair valuation of their shares following a corporate reorganization and an order of judgment against the defendants, including recovery of attorneys’ fees.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, Alumni Engagement Committee, UNC School of Law (2015-present)
- Co-chair, Georgia Intrastate Moot Court Competition Committee (2016-2018); Member (2012-present), Young Lawyers Division, State Bar of Georgia
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth (2014-present)
- Member, American Bar Association
Professional Experience : Judicial Extern to the Honorable David Daniel of the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina, 2010
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2011
- Campbell University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2008
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Rate : $$$