Matthew Bleich represents clients in commercial and appellate litigation. His trial practice focuses on business disputes and shareholder actions. His appellate practice has involved such diverse subjects as employee disputes, contract disputes, product liability law, and water rights.
Matt received a J.D. cum laude from Harvard Law School, where he was an editor of the Harvard Law Review. He received a B.A. cum laude from Columbia University and an M.A. from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Currently represent manufacturer-subcontractor in contract dispute concerning the construction of a nuclear reactor in South Korea.
- Currently represent health care insurer in appeal before the Superior Court involving the Peer Review Protection Act.
- Currently represent insurance company in action alleging wrongful use of civil proceedings. Obtained dismissal on preliminary objections for failure to state a claim; appeal pending in Superior Court.
- In a 10b-5 shareholder class-action, successfully brought motion to dismiss claims asserted against the former outside directors.
- Represented Pennsylvania bank in obtaining settlement of shareholder derivative action alleging improper lending practices.
- Conducted audit of prominent university’s interactions with minors and recommended new, multi-disciplinary policies and procedures to govern those interactions to minimize risks of abuse.
- Represented international corporation in internal investigation involving potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and of regulations of the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2008
- University of Pennsylvania, M.A., 2005
- Columbia University, B.A., cum laude, 2001
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Rate : $$$