Mayme Beth F. Donohue counsels clients on securities law matters, capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance issues. She is also a member of the firm’s blockchain working group and the Associate Editor of the Blockchain Legal Resource blog.
Committed to business-focused solutions, Mayme works with clients to achieve results that make both legal and financial sense. She regularly answers complex securities law questions for both public and private companies and is experienced providing advice on reporting requirements under US securities laws and Nasdaq and NYSE rules.
Mayme enjoys counseling clients in a broad range of capital markets transactions, including securities offerings, tender offers and derivative transactions. While guiding companies through strategic transactions, Mayme values the strong connections built with clients during the course of accomplishing their important business goals.
Mayme also understands the impact of disruptive technologies on our financial systems and across industries. She possesses in-depth knowledge on blockchain and distributed ledger technology.
Pro bono work and community service are fundamental to Mayme’s practice. She serves as a co-chair of the Pro Bono Hotline for the Central Virginia Legal Aid Society and spends hundreds of hours strengthening the community through the various nonprofit boards on which she serves.
Mayme is a contributing author to the Blockchain Legal Resource blog.
- Represented Fortune 500 companies in public debt offerings totaling over $10 billion.
- Represented Fortune 500 companies in tender offers totaling over $3 billion.
- Represented a leading financial services company in its 144A convertible notes offering totaling more than $300 million.
- Represented a publicly traded, multi-brand restaurant operator in the renegotiation of its revolving credit facility.
- Represents a Fortune 200 company in its commercial paper program.
- Represented a publicly traded bank holding company in a series of strategic mergers collectively valued at over $800 million.
- Represented a 34-location physical therapy practice in its $80 million acquisition by a PE investor.
- Represented an international engineering, design and planning consultancy in its $300 million acquisition of a business specializing in the decontamination and decommissioning of high hazard nuclear facilities.
- Represented a private investment advisory firm in its strategic corporate reorganization.
- JD, University of Richmond School of Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, McNeill Law Society, University of Richmond Law Review, 2015
- BA, Spanish, University of Virginia, 2007
- President Elect, Virginia Equality Bar Association, 2016–present
- Junior Board Member, Side by Side, 2016–present
- Executive Committee, Collegiate School Alumni Board, 2015–present, Member, 2013–present
- Law School Alumni Board, University of Richmond School of Law, 2015–present
- Member, Lewis F. Powell, Jr. Inn of Court
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Women Lawyers
Rate : $$$$