As a former investment accountant, Meghan Brennan knows how critically legal issues can impact a company’s bottom line. Meghan takes time to get to know clients and understands that mutual trust is essential to building a strong, long-term relationship.
She draws from her business background to offer a well-rounded approach to advising clients on transactional work, including mergers and acquisitions, formations, contracts, financing and licensing. The emerging regulated cannabis industry has been a major focus for Meghan. She has been involved in all aspects of the industry, including working on rulemaking committees and drafting legislation.
A member of various professional trade organizations, she has developed a network of associates in the cannabis industry, including operators, investors and business service providers who specialize in the field. She also monitors the industry’s evolving regulations, guiding clients on compliance issues and opportunities for growth.
- Assisted Tributary Real Estate with structuring of real estate investment fund for sale-lease back of numerous properties in Colorado from large marijuana retail/cultivation center.
- Assisted with corporate formation documentation related to $50 million debt and equity structuring of acquisition of 400,000 square-foot property in Northern California.
- Advised Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. on forming $608 million joint venture with Abengoa, S.A., of Spain for international development and construction of clean energy and water infrastructure assets.
Community Leadership : Meghan shares her legal talents with small businesses, nonprofits, and start-up companies through Colorado Lawyers Committee and the HB Innovation Initiative.
She mentors middle- and high schoolers through Junior Achievement-Rocky Mountain, where she serves on the board of directors for JA Engage, the organization’s young professionals group.
She also enjoys teaching school children about budgeting and finance through her volunteer work during JA Business Week, Destination Success and JA Finance Park.
- J.D., George Mason University School of Law
- B.S., University of Mary Washington
Admissions : Colorado
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- Colorado Bar Association, Cannabis Law Committee, 2017-Present
- Downtown Denver Leadership Program, 2018
Rate : $$$$