Melissa Allchin advises employers on the processes to obtain work authorization and permanent residence status for foreign professionals, as a member of the Global Immigration & Mobility Practice. Ms. Allchin also edits the United States section of the Firm’s Global Mobility Handbook. She leads two to three naturalization clinics per year and represents pro bono clients seeking to obtain US citizenship.
Ms. Allchin practices in global migration and executive transfers. She advises on eligibility requirements and necessary documentation to secure the appropriate employment authorization for foreign professionals to work in the United States.
She coordinates with her global migration colleagues around the world to facilitate the expatriate transfers of multinational companies to jurisdictions outside the United States.
She also assists domestic employers in the development and implementation of corporate immigration compliance programs, including areas such as I-9 Employment Verification and company sponsorship policies.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D.) (2007)
- Loyola University, Chicago (B.A. magna cum laude) (2001)
Admissions : Illinois~United States (2007)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advised a major transportation and logistics service provider on the development of a corporate “Best Practices” Program in I-9 Compliance and Verification.
- Advised in-house legal counsel of a nationwide insurance company on the latest developments in corporate immigration compliance.
Rate : $$$