Michael D. Douglas is a member of King & Spalding’s E-Discovery practice. He has experience assisting in the defense of toxic tort, healthcare and pharmaceutical cases in the various state and federal courts in the U.S. Michael primarily specializes in complex legal issues related to e-Discovery.
Michael also had extensive experience as lead counsel of record litigating individual and consumer class action cases involving claims brought under various state and federal laws, including the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
He has written or contributed at the federal district and appellate court level to the crafting of briefs opposing class certification, approving class action settlements, proposing protective orders and seeking summary judgment. Michael was a member of the Honor Society of Bar and Gavel.
Michael has extensive experience in managing million-plus page document productions for major pharmaceutical and insurance companies. He has provided assistance in the production of documents for a multi-district litigation document depository.
His e-Discovery skills are enhanced by his background as a commercial litigator where he served as national counsel for an Atlanta-based consumer reporting agency for over half a decade.
Michael serves as one of the firm’s liaisons to the Georgia Asylum and Immigration Network (GAIN) assisting in King & Spalding’s efforts to combat human trafficking nationally and internationally.
- Georgia Asylum and Immigration Network (“GAIN”)
- Habitat for Humanity
- MedShare Inc.
- J.D., University of Miami, with distinction
- B.A., University of Miami, with distinction
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- State Bar of Georgia
Rate : $$$