Michael T. Driscoll is an associate in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm’s New York office. He specializes in problem loan workouts, restructurings, bankruptcy, foreclosure, and other creditors’ rights and commercial law. Michael maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing non-for-profit organizations and individuals in immigration proceedings.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Michael served as a Trial Attorney in the United States Department of Justice’s Office of the United States Trustee for the Southern District of New York. During his tenure, he represented the United States Trustee’s office in over 150 chapter 11 cases by ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations during all phases of bankruptcy cases.
Michael joined the Department of Justice directly from law school through the Attorney General’s Honors Program. Prior to law school, Michael was an active and reserve officer in the U.S. Marine Corps. He served two tours in Iraq and received two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals and a Combat Action Ribbon. He was honorably discharged from the Marine Corps as a Major.
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, 2010, Executive Board Member, The John Marshall Review of Intellectual Property Law
- B.A., Creighton University, 2000
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the North District of Illinois
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Federal Bar Association
Rate : $$$$