Michael S. Fox is the Chairman of the firm’s Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring Group. During his 30-plus years in practice, Michael has developed a reputation for being innovative, effective and efficient.
Michael’s diverse experience involves representing clients in all areas of financial restructuring, including Chapter 11 reorganization cases, out-of-court workouts and restructurings of troubled companies. He also counsels buyers and sellers of financially distressed assets and provides strategic counseling on business opportunities, the implications of transactions, and enterprise structuring and financing.
Michael’s clients operate at the national level and span a broad range of industries, including retail, health sciences, manufacturing, health care, food, and consumer products. He represents distressed companies, creditors’ committees, creditors, hedge funds, and debt and equity security holders.
Michael’s varied experience, ranging from small and mid-size business transactions to multi-jurisdictional, complex transactions for companies, provides clients with a unique combination of seasoned business and legal know-how. Michael previously was a founding partner of the boutique bankruptcy firm Traub Bonacquist & Fox LLP, practicing there from 1987 to 2005, when he moved his practice group to Olshan.
- J.D., Washington College of Law of American University, 1982
- B.S., magna cum laude, State University of New York at Albany, 1978
Bar & Court Admissions :
- New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1983
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- American Bar Association (Member, Section on Insolvency and Litigation)
- Association of Banking and Commercial Law Firms
- Nassau and New York County Lawyers Association
- Commercial Law League of America (Member, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Section)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management New York Chapter Association (Board Member)
Rate : $$$