Michael Jay Rune II is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group. He is Board Certified in Construction Law. Michael has over 20 years of experience representing owners and developers, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers in nearly all aspects of the construction industry and commercial and insurance litigation.
He handles construction, surety, fidelity and related insurance matters as well as mortgage fraud recovery through mediation, arbitration, and litigation in state and federal courts. Michael is a published author and frequently speaks on issues important to the construction and fidelity industries.
He was recognized by Lorman Education Services for his above benchmark customer course ratings and received the 2017 Platinum Distinguished Faculty Badge. Before joining Shutts & Bowen, he was a managing partner of a prominent Coral Gables construction boutique law firm.
- Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, J.D.
- Recipient of Cumberland Presidential Scholarship
- Associate Editor of the Cumberland Law Review
- University of Texas, B.A., cum laude
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association
- TIPS (Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section) Forum on Construction Law
- National Bonds Claim Association
Rate : $$$$