Michael Slack, founding/managing partner, focuses on civil litigation, including aviation and products liability cases against major corporations. He has been listed in Best Lawyers in America since 1995 and Super Lawyers since 2003.
In 2014, he received the Outstanding Aerospace Engineer Award from Texas A&M’s Department of Aerospace Engineering. He is a Civil Trial Advocate as certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and certified by Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Personal Injury Trial Law.
- B.S. and M.S., Aerospace Engineering, Texas A&M University
- J.D., The University of Texas at Austin
- Prior to his legal career, Mr. Slack was a senior aerospace engineer with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in Houston, working from 1974 to 1980 on the Apollo-Soyuz and Space Shuttle programs. He received special commendations from NASA for his contributions. He remains licensed as a professional engineer and as a pilot.
- Mr. Slack’s aviation law experience includes more than 28 years of complex litigation arising from air crashes. He also has successfully obtained recoveries in numerous products liability cases against aircraft and component manufacturers.
Professional and Community Activities:
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, past president and current member of Board of Directors
- American Association for Justice, past chair of the Aviation Law Section and current member of Board of Governors
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- American Astronautical Society
- Judicial Compensation Commission, State of Texas (2008-2011)
Rate : $$$