Michael J. Larson maintains a diverse practice. He regularly handles complex civil, administrative, and bankruptcy appellate matters and also provides trial support. He represents clients ranging from major financial institutions to individuals in state and federal appellate litigation, including direct appeals, interlocutory appeals, and extraordinary writ proceedings.
Having worked on more than 150 appeals, Michael has deep experience and knowledge of the appellate process and handles appeals from their inception through oral argument and rehearing.
In addition to his litigation practice, Michael advises on environmental and land use law matters. He assists with the cleanup, reuse, repurposing, and redevelopment of Brownfields and other contaminated or distressed properties, including addressing and developing solutions for a range of environmental issues.
Before joining Akerman, Michael worked in the New York City office of a large law firm where his practice focused on class action defense, white collar defense, and e-discovery matters. This experience provides him with additional insight into the varied issues facing his clients.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2008, Dean’s List; Emory International Law Review, Managing Editor
- B.A., Emory University, Economics, 2005, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : Florida; New York; Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Young Lawyers Section of Tallahassee Bar Association, Board Member
- Tallahassee Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- William H. Stafford American Inn of Court, Barrister Member
Rate : $$$$