Michael F. Sheehan is counsel in Venable’s Corporate Group. His practice is directed at a wide range of corporate law matters, including corporate governance, securities transactions, corporate finance, business formation, executive compensation and mergers and acquisitions, with a particular focus on Maryland corporation law as it relates to real estate investment trusts (REITs) and registered investment companies.
In addition, Mike routinely advises public companies regarding the voting recommendations and governance scores of proxy advisory services as they relate to corporate governance and executive compensation policies.
- Maryland counsel in the initial public offerings of several REITs and closed-end funds, including the largest REIT IPO in 2012 and the second-largest REIT IPO in 2013
- Maryland counsel to a private equity firm in its purchase of a commercial real estate portfolio valued at $9.4 billion
- Maryland counsel in the merger of two publicly-traded companies, resulting in a company with an enterprise value of over $1 billion
- Maryland counsel to a business development company in connection with a $250 million senior notes offering
- Maryland counsel to a business development company in connection with its formation, a private offering of common stock and the closing of a $500 million revolving credit facility
- Maryland counsel to several open-end mutual fund complexes in connection with reorganizations and issues related to Maryland law.
- J.D. cum laude Georgetown University Law Center 2010
- B.A. Economics & International Studieswith general honors The Johns Hopkins University 2005
Bar Admissions : Maryland.
Rate : $$$$