Michael J. Stoner is an associate in the Litigation Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. His practice focuses on insurance recovery, corporate and commercial litigation, and environmental law.
Prior to joining the firm, Michael worked at an insurance recovery firm in Southern California where he represented corporate policyholders and public entities to secure insurance coverage for first-party losses and third-party liabilities. While there, Michael represented his clients across various lines of insurance including CGL, EPL, D&O, E&O, cyber, crime, and Commercial Property policies.
While in law school, Michael served as a legal extern at the United States Embassy where he reviewed and drafted trial materials, assisted in trial preparation, researched international legal issues, and helped design and implement a new legal database for the Department of Justice, Civil Division, European Office.
Michael was a winning team member in the Pepperdine-Middle Temple Moot Court Competition held in London. Upon graduation, he was awarded membership into the Order of the Coif.
Professional and Community Activities :
- ABA Section of International Law
- California State Bar Section of International Law
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, 2009, magna cum laude
- LL.M., International Law, American University, Washington College of Law, 2010
- B.A., Carleton College, 2004
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2017, California, 2010
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Rate : $$$