Michael D. Weis represents privately and publically held entities in business and commercial transactions. He has handled the negotiation and closing of hundreds of complex corporate and commercial real estate transactions both domestically and internationally.
Michael’s clients span a number of industries including: manufacturing, distribution, real estate, health care, food and beverage, technology and professional services.
Armed with a wealth of knowledge and experience in corporate, real estate and finance matters—including being a Certified Public Accountant since 1985—Michael helps his clients succeed personally and in business. His corporate experience includes all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate governance.
Michael’s legal career spans three decades. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, “Outside General Counsel” representation, commercial finance, securities, real estate, tax and estate planning and administration matters.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Michael’s practice included 10 years at a boutique firm in Chicago where he served as chair of the firm’s business and transactional practice. Additionally, Michael was General Counsel for a long term care organization. He began his legal career with a Chicago-based corporate and securities law firm, where he was an associate and then a partner.
Professional Affiliations :
- American Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Illinois CPA Society, Member
Representative Matters :
- Represented a seller in a $21 million sale of a long term care facility in the Chicago metro area.
- Represented a purchaser group in a $62 million acquisition of a technology company with domestic and international locations.
- Represented a contractor group in a $22 million entity restructuring which included a sale, acquisition, mezzanine financing and preferred equity interests.
- Represented a complex $20 million estate in connection with probate, tax, asset transfer and related issues in 3 states.
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Illinois College of Law, 1988
- B.S., with high honors, Accountancy, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1985
Admissions : Illinois
Rate : $$$