Ming Ming Yang (“Mimi”) is an associate in the Litigation Department. Ms. Yang joined Debevoise in 2016. From 2014 to 2016, she clerked for the Honorable Juan R. Sánchez of the United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Ms. Yang received a J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School magna cum laude in 2014, where she was the managing editor of the Michigan Journal of Race & Law. She received an A.B. with honors from the University of Chicago in 2009. Prior to law school, Ms. Yang was a high school English teacher in New Orleans, Louisiana through Teach For America.
Ms. Yang is a member of the Bar of New York and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
- A Louisiana abortion clinic and its doctors, on their own behalf and on behalf of their patients, in challenging the constitutionality of Louisiana’s targeted regulation of abortion providers.
- Municipalities in defending the constitutionality of the U.S. Census Bureau’s inclusion of undocumented immigrants in census counts against a challenge raised by the State of Alabama.
- Prudential Financial and certain present and former officers and directors in securities class action and derivative lawsuits arising from the company’s practices with regard to unclaimed life insurance benefits.
- A high-profile financial information content provider in an SEC investigation.
- University of Michigan Law School, 2014, J.D.
- University of Chicago, 2009, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$