A veteran tax lawyer with four decades of experience representing individuals, partnerships, and corporations, Ira B. Stechel advises on tax planning, tax controversy, and employee benefits. Clients value Ira’s comprehensive experience in navigating the wide range of tax issues encountered in both business and personal contexts.
Ira’s diverse practice includes significant experience structuring tax efficient transactions and representing taxpayers involved in tax disputes and controversies before various taxing authorities at the federal, state, and local levels. He advises on corporate and real estate transaction work, as well as the tax implications of trust funds and workers’ compensation.
A thought leader and frequent author on tax matters, Ira is an Advisory Board member of Bloomberg BNA Tax Management, Inc. and is the author of “Entertainment, Meals, Gifts and Lodging-Deduction and Recordkeeping Requirements” and “Travel and Transportation Expenses-Deduction and Recordkeeping Requirements,” both of which are portfolios within the Tax Management U.S. Income Tax series.
Ira has contributed numerous articles to the Journal of Taxation, the Tax Management Real Estate Journal, and other leading professional publications.
- LL.M. in Taxation, New York University, 1976
- J.D., Cornell Law School, 1972, Note Editor, Cornell International Law Journal
- B.A., City College of New York, 1969, magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : New York; Connecticut
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation; Committee on Real Estate, Member; Committee on Individual Investments and Workouts, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Tax Section; Committee on Corporations, Member; Committee on Partners and Partnerships, Member
- Bloomberg BNA Tax Management, Inc., Advisory Board
Rate : $$$