Mitzi Carr has practiced law in the Orlando area since 2006 and has worked in the legal profession since 1995. Mrs. Carr is a shareholder with the Carr Law Firm, P.A. and successfully litigates cases involving Personal Injuries, First Party Insurance disputes, Commercial and Construction Litigation disputes.
Mrs. Carr obtained her law degree from the University of Florida College of Law and has since represented consumers against multi-billion dollar corporations.
Mitzi Sommer Carr has served on the Board of Directors for the Florida Justice Association and on the Board of Directors for the Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association. On a state level, the Florida Justice Association works tirelessly for the rights of the injured and downtrodden and works to preserve the adversary trial system.
The Florida Justice Association is “dedicated to strengthening and upholding Florida’s civil justice system and protecting the rights of Florida’s citizens and consumers. We passionately believe that all Floridians benefit when deserving individuals have a fair chance to seek justice in our state’s courts and that Florida’s consumers are made safer when large corporations and industries are held to a high ethical standard and accept fair responsibility for their actions.”
Mitzi Sommer Carr has served on the Board of Directors for the Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida and served as Fundraising Chair. The Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida is a non-profit corporation comprised of local attorneys, judges, law clerks and law school students “who advocate for the rights of the Hispanic community and help Hispanics learn and understand their legal rights and gain greater access to the courts and the legal system.”
The Carr Law Firm believes in giving back to the community and helping those less fortunate through its involvement in and support of organizations such as The Coalition for the Homeless, The Second Harvest Food Banks, and others.
We are also compassionate towards animals that do not have a voice. We help protect animal welfare rights through our work with the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, J.D.
- University of Central Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The George C. Young American Inns of Court, Member
- 9th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, Former Member
- Judicial Nominating Committee for the Florida Bar
- Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Justice Association, Past Board Member
- Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association, Past Board Member
- Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida, Past Board Member
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- University of Florida Alumni Association
- University of Central Florida Golden Knights Club
Rate : $$$$