Monique Lashbrook’s practice focuses on real estate, corporate and commercial real estate financing matters and transactions. Monique has extensive experience in connection with real estate acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, commercial mortgage financing, commercial leasing for industrial and retail spaces, and property management matters.
She also has experience in connection with mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, corporate entity documents and consents, private placement memorandums and Regulation D securities offerings, as well as nondisclosure agreements.
Having served in multiple roles, including deputy general counsel of the San Diego Redevelopment Agency, general counsel of a Private Equity Real Estate Investment Company and key roles in private practice, Monique has a unique perspective on all sides of a transaction or agreement.
Her experience includes negotiating purchase and sale agreements, sales, leasing and operating agreements, property management agreements, joint venture agreements, asset purchase agreements, easement agreements and ground lease transactions.
Monique provides guidance on corporate structures related to real estate investments and ownership. She also provides guidance in connection with operational matters related to the ownership of multifamily housing, including student housing, assisted living and age-restricted projects, as well as office, hospitality and mixed-use projects.
Representative Matters :
- Serves as outside general counsel for a private equity real estate investment company with real estate holdings throughout the United States.
- Represented a private equity real estate investment company in a $150 million acquisition of an age-restricted multifamily portfolio in Las Vegas.
- Represents a private equity real estate investment company in an $82 million acquisition of a three-tower multifamily project in Miami.
- Represents a private equity real estate investment company in a $24.5 million acquisition of a hotel in Chicago, with an additional $8.5 million for renovation.
- Represents a client in connection with the acquisition of a blast-resistant modular building company.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- MANA, a National Latina Organization
- Lawyer’s Club of San Diego
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D.
- Saint Ambrose University, M.B.A.
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.
BAR ADMISSIONS : California, Illinois
Rate : $$$