A creative problem-solver, Monique Matar is developing a litigation practice and has experience drafting motions, attending hearings, handling discovery documents and responses, and conducting research.
- Drafted motion to dismiss in case involving out-of-state employer, due to employee’s lack of standing to file a suit under California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, resulting in order granting motion.
- Drafted motion to sever trials for national grocery chain, resulting in a tentative ruling and order severing plaintiffs’ claims into separate trials in client’s favor.
- Represented import business in suit against former employee for breach of contract and fraud, and represented client at EDD appeal hearing for unemployment benefits, resulting in the denial of benefits to former employee.
- Drafted ex parte motion and represented client in hearing for trial continuance, resulting in favorable outcome to client.
- Drafted motion to coordinate trials in series of class action lawsuits filed across multiple counties.
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2017; Hale Moot Court Honors Program; 2016 National Moot Court Competition, Overall Best Oralist (Region 15); International Human Rights Clinic
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 2012, with honors
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Rate : $$$$