Morena L. Carter has significant experience dealing with labor and employment matters in the gaming industry and private sector, including labor negotiations, mediations and arbitrations.
She has experience drafting position statements in response to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) charges.
She has advised clients regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and provided counsel concerning disciplining employees and employment terminations.
Morena has experience with wage and hour law class actions in addition to other wage and hour matters. Her work has also included discrimination, retaliation and wrongful discharge litigation.
- J.D., University of Akron, 2012
- M.A., University of North Carolina, Greensboro, 2005
- B.A., University of California, San Diego, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Board Member, Zygote Press, May 2012 – present
- Member, Women in Law Section, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Section, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Cleveland Triathlon Club, 2007 – present
Rate : $$$