Nakimuli Davis-Primer, shareholder in the Jackson, Mississippi office, concentrates her practice in the areas of labor and employment and commercial litigation. Nakimuli counsels and advises employers on day-to-day issues in the workplace; reviews, drafts, and revises employee handbooks and company policies; and trains management and supervisory level employees on various employment-related laws and issues.
She also represents employers in litigation and administrative actions, including proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Unemployment Commissions, and the Department of Labor.
Nakimuli has experience defending employers in wrongful-termination actions and in single and multi-plaintiff litigation, as well as litigation filed by the EEOC pursuant to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 1981, the ADA, the ADEA, the EPA, and the FLSA.
In addition, Nakimuli represents insurance carriers on breach of contract (insurance policy) claims, bad faith claims, and represents the carriers’ insureds in litigation asserting premises liability, breach of contract, negligence, negligent supervision, and other claims.
Nakimuli also has experience reviewing and evaluating insurance policies to assist insurers with making coverage decisions and representing insurers in declaratory judgment actions.
She has represented companies on a wide-range of business litigation matters, such as personal injury claims, breach of contract, fraud, and cases involving mortgage financing and lender liability.
Prior to joining Baker Donelson, Nakimuli was a law clerk to the Honorable Leslie H. Southwick of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. As a law clerk, she analyzed complex litigation issues, including the insurance and employment discrimination issues she currently handles. Nakimuli has also served as an adjunct professor of legal writing at the Mississippi College School of Law. Nakimuli is licensed in both Mississippi and Tennessee.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2009
- Mississippi State University, B.S. in Computer Science & Engineering (minors in Software Engineering and Math), magna cum laude, 2005
- Tennessee, 2009
- Mississippi, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi, 2009
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of employer client in discrimination lawsuit filed in federal court alleging race and age discrimination in violation of Title VII and the ADEA and successfully defended appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Obtained dismissal in favor of client for wrongful termination lawsuit in Mississippi state court and successfully defended appeal before the Mississippi Court of Appeals and Mississippi Supreme Court.
- Obtained dismissal in favor of client in breach of contract and constructive fraud case involving alleged failure to properly inspect home and reveal termite infestations.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of client in premises liability case involving a trip-and-fall on a set of stairs on the property.
- Represented multiple employers and obtained favorable resolutions in EEOC administrative proceedings by responding to charges of discrimination and investigator questions, interviews and requests for information.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurance company client in case alleging bad faith breach of insurance policy including issues concerning mold coverage, liability for contractor’s negligence and gross negligence in claims handling.
- Obtained favorable resolution for multiple childcare facility clients on negligent supervision and training claims.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Associate – American Inns of Court, The Charles Clark Inn, Associate (2013 – 2015)
- Recipient – Jackson Young Lawyers Outstanding Service Award (2013)
- Member – Jackson Young Lawyers Association
- Member – Magnolia Bar Association, Capital Area Bar Association and Metro Jackson Black Women Lawyers Association
- Member – Capital Area Bar Association
Civic Honors & Activities:
- Graduate – Leadership Greater Jackson, class of 2014 – 2015
- Honored – Volunteer of the Year by Jackson Public School District for service to Dawson Elementary School (2013)
- Member – Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (2003 – present)
Rate : $$$$