Nancy Yaffe focuses her practice on labor and employment law counseling and litigation with an emphasis on problem prevention. Nancy defends all types of businesses against employee claims and lawsuits involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wage-and-hour violations.
She defends both single plaintiff and class or collective action matters. Her clients include prominent southern California hotels, restaurants, retailers, as well as manufacturing, technology and all types of service providing companies.
With the goal of helping clients prevent employment issues, she provides pre-litigation counseling and advice to clients nationwide on employment-related issues including harassment, discrimination, ADA/disability compliance, wage-and-hour issues, reduction-in-force planning and WARN Act compliance.
She also conducts training presentations on sexual harassment prevention, employee relations, management training (and how to keep managers out of trouble), new legal developments and other timely employment issues.
Additionally, Nancy drafts and reviews client policies, agreements and handbooks to ensure legal compliance, and conducts preventive audits and investigations into alleged workplace misconduct and pay practices. Nancy also proudly serves as Co-Chair for the firm’s Women’s Initiative.
Prior to joining the firm, Nancy was a partner in the Los Angeles office of Folger Levin & Kahn LLP. Before attending law school, she worked in the entertainment and hospitality industries.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law (J.D., 1995)
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law (Graduate Certificate in the Study of Women and Men in Society, 1995)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., departmental honors, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1987)
- California State Bar, Labor and Employment Section
- Legal Liaison, Los Angeles Hotels Human Resources Association (LAHHRA)
- Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$$