Nathaniel M. Cartmell, a San Francisco-based Pillsbury Corporate partner, is nationally recognized for his M&A, corporate governance and securities work. Nate regularly advises clients on multifaceted corporate matters, including public and private offerings, securities disclosures, complex merger and acquisition activity, and corporate governance issues.
He helped craft an innovative corporate restructuring that won three M&A Advisor “Deal of the Year” awards in 2015. Nate has counseled numerous board committees on related-party transactions and corporate investigations. He formerly led Pillsbury’s Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions teams.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented Berger Group Holdings, one of the world’s largest engineering services firms, in reorganizing its global business lines and legal entities to achieve management, operating, financing and tax efficiencies.
- Representing the Special Committee of Safeway in a $1.3 billion stock repurchase from its affiliate, KKR, in connection with Safeway’s $3 billion stock-for-stock merger acquisition of The Vons Cos.
- Represented the Audit Committee of UCBH, a Nasdaq-listed regional bank holding company, in internal investigation of allegations of fraudulent valuation and risk ratings of the bank’s portfolio and real estate.
- Represented Vodafone in creation of $70 billion joint venture (Verizon Wireless), combining Vodafone’s domestic wireless assets with those of Bell Atlantic and GTE (now known as Verizon).
- Advised Fortune 50 telecommunications company in numerous acquisitions and joint ventures ranging from $100 million to $1 billion in value.
- Counseled BankAmerica Corporation on its $2.4 billion merger with Continental Bank Corporation and its $200 million equity carve-out of BA Merchant Services, Inc.
- Represented the Special Committee of M/A-COM Technology Solutions Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of Nitronix LLC from M/A-COM’s controlling stockholder.
- Represented digital information company on its “spinoff” of certain technology into a majority owned venture with another industry participant and venture capital financing.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law, 1978
- B.A., Yale University, 1973
ADMISSIONS : California, District of Columbia
Rate : $$$