Dustin Chase-Woods is an associate in Pillsbury’s San Francisco office, where he focuses his practice on general and complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on incentive fee disputes arising from mergers, asset sales, and service agreements.
Dustin represents clients in all stages of litigation, from early phases of case assessment and discovery through the final resolution of the dispute. Dustin’s pro bono practice includes criminal record expungement and restitution-related representation and guidance.
While in law school, Dustin interned at the California Attorney General’s Office, where he researched and drafted motions, briefs and memoranda on questions of employment and administrative law to assist in trial preparation.
Dustin also worked with Philadelphia Legal Aid and local health clinics to provide legal assistance to Philadelphians on issues including SSI/SSD, Unemployment, Protection from Abuse, landlord/tenant, insurance and immigration.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Representing a multinational healthcare and electronics manufacturer regarding medical device clinical trials at the heart of a milestone fee dispute with selling shareholders.
- Defending a private equity investment firm in a dispute with a former placement agent.
- Prosecuting an arbitration on behalf of a global financial services company in an incentive fee dispute arising from a hotel management agreement.
- Representing an acclaimed wine industry brand entrepreneur in a complex contract and incentive fee dispute against a brand buyer.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2017
- LL.M., The University of Hong Kong, 2017
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2011
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$