Nicholas J. DiCeglie, Jr. has experience in patent procurement, patentability and infringement opinion research and due diligence in the chemical, pharmaceutical, polymer, inorganic material, and biotechnology fields for clients ranging from startup polymer and biotech companies to established pharmaceutical and materials science corporations.
Nick has maintained highly complex patent portfolios and has performed extensive legal research for a variety of due diligence and litigation projects. He has also reviewed and analyzed patent portfolios for a variety of financial transactions.
Prior to joining the Firm, Nick was a registered patent agent at two prominent intellectual property boutique firms in New York City, where he worked while completing his law degree at night. Nick earned his M.S. in chemistry with Professor Jonas Peters at the California Institute of Technology.
His research was directed to novel organic ligands for use in organometallic applications. Prior to his graduate training Nick received an A.B. from Harvard University, where he earned highest honors from the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology.
- Managed substantial intellectual property portfolios on behalf of several up-and-coming polymer adhesive and biotech companies.
- Assisted in the development of commercial small molecule pharmaceutical products by providing in-depth research on recent trends and target applications for a number of corporations.
- Counseled several venture capital organizations regarding the patent landscape of new and established pharmaceutical products for investment viability.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2006
- M.S., Chemistry, California Institute of Technology, 2001
- A.B., Chemistry, magna cum laude, Harvard University, 1999
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Admitted To Practice : U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Rate : $$$$