Parisa Manteghi Griess is an associate in the Firm’s North America Tax Practice Group in San Francisco. She is a former judicial intern for the Honorable Ricardo M. Urbina at the US District Court for the District of Columbia, where she drafted Memorandum Opinions in conjunction with the law clerk.
Prior to law school, Ms. Griess served as a financial economist and a Stanley S. Surrey fellow in the Office of Tax Policy at the US Department of the Treasury. She previously worked as a research assistant at the George Washington Institute of Public Policy and has experience working for members of the US Senate and House of Representatives.
Ms. Griess’s practice focuses primarily on international tax matters, including transfer pricing, international tax planning, and tax dispute resolution. Within the field of tax dispute resolution, Ms. Griess has varied and extensive experience in audit defense, administrative appeals, tax litigation, bilateral Advance Pricing Agreements, and criminal tax investigations.
She also frequently advises clients on how to manage emerging tax policy developments in the US and around the world. Ms. Griess’s pro bono work includes representing non-enemy combatants who have been unlawfully detained by the United States in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.
She also has frequently worked with the Public International Law and Policy Group to provide legal and policy advice in connection with the drafting of a post-conflict constitution for the Republic of Yemen and the creation and operation of a tribunal for the prosecution of piracy in Africa.
- George Washington University Law School (J.D. Honors) (2012)
- George Washington University (M.P.P.) (2009)
- University of California at Davis (B.A. Highest Honors) (2007)
- California~United States (2012)
- District of Columbia~United States (2014)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2014)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims~United States (2014)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Tax Section
- Center for Law, Economics and Finance
- George Washington Law School Alumni Association – Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$