Paul W. Puckett advises public and private companies on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures. He has represented clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, technology, media, telecommunications, health care, and consumer products and has worked on transactions involving a number of foreign jurisdictions.
His experience also includes corporate governance, general corporate matters and supply, licensing, and other commercial arrangements in connection with M&A transactions. Paul has advised a number of significant public and private companies on M&A matters, including General Electric Company, Newell Brands, ABB, and Birch Communications.
Recent representative transactions include representing Newell Brands in the $1.95 billion sale of its Tools division to Stanley Black & Decker, as well as the sale of its Winter Sports business to private equity firm Kohlberg & Company for $240 million; General Electric Company in the sale of its Industrial Air & Gas business to Colfax, as well as the sale of its small industrial motors business to Wolong Electric Group Co., Ltd.; Birch Communications in its acquisition by Fusion Telecommunications International, Inc. for $738 million; and RELX Group in the acquisition of real time global flight data provider, FlightStats.
Prior to joining Jones Day, Paul was an associate in the Atlanta office of another global law firm.
- Emory University (J.D. with honors 2010; Articles Editor, Emory Law Journal); University of Tennessee (B.S. in Finance cum laude 2005)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
- Baker Hughes sells natural gas solutions business to First Reserve and Pietro Fiorentini
- Lingo to acquire Impact Telecom
- GE sells assets related to its Small Industrial Motors Business to Wolong Electric Group
- Newell Brands sells The Waddington Group to Novolex for approximately $2.3 billion
- Baker Hughes sells A-C Compressor business to Rotating Machinery Services
- Newell Brands sells Winter Sports businesses to Kohlberg & Company for $240 million
- Newell Brands sells Tools division to Stanley Black & Decker for $1.95 billion
- GE Capital sells commercial lending and leasing businesses to Wells Fargo.
Rate : $$$$