Resident in the firm’s Boston office since 2004, Peter Laybourn advises on a wide range of matters encountered by private investment funds and other institutional investors in their internal matters, when raising capital and when making investments.
Having extensive experience in the formation of private equity funds, funds-of-funds, credit funds, venture capital funds and hedge funds for both emerging and well-established firms, Peter brings deep insight to the fundraising process. Peter also assists private investment funds organize their internal firm structures and governance matters.
Moreover, he regularly works with private investment funds as well as other institutional clients in the negotiation and execution of domestic and international transactions, “spinoffs” of investment professionals from large financial institutions, and general corporate and securities matters.
- JD, Duke University School of Law, 2004
- Visiting Student, Harvard Law School, 2004
- LLM, University of Copenhagen Faculty of Law – Denmark, 2002
- BA Juris (LLB equivalent), University of Copenhagen Faculty of Law – Denmark, 2000
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 2004
- Represented credit fund manager with approximately $11 billion in AUM in organizing several separately managed accounts totaling over $1.25 billion, as well as general compliance and internal matters.
- Represented a publicly traded institutional investor in the formation of multiple credit funds.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in its domestic and international offering of a multi-billion dollar leveraged buy-out private equity fund.
- Represented a large New York-based investment bank in its domestic and international offering of several multi-billion dollar funds of funds.
- Represented a large alternative asset management firm in implementing arrangements for internal carry allocation mechanics and co-investment arrangements.
- Represented a large New York-based financial institution in its domestic and international offering of a $1.5 billion co-investment fund.
- Represented a private equity platform with its spinoff from a larger financial institution.
- Represented a new venture capital firm in raising its first venture capital fund and its first investment.
- Represented an asset management firm in multiple domestic and international offerings of collateralized loan obligation funds totaling several billion dollars.
Rate : $$$