Peter A. Lynch is the vice chair, office managing partner of the San Diego Office of Cozen O’Connor concentrating his practice in representing individuals, companies, and insurers impacted by catastrophes, including subrogation and recovery, environmental matters, contracts, and other civil matters.
He is leader of Cozen O’Connor’s Disabled Attorney Resource Group. Peter handles wildfires, explosions, fires, water losses and other catastrophes. He represents companies and insurers on commercial and personal line losses arising out of those incidents.
Active in the bar and the community, Peter is the founder of the Disability Interest Group of the San Diego County Bar Association, a member of the San Diego County Bar Association’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and is an Officer with Don Diego VFW Post 7420 (Chaplain).
For his service with the Marines in Iraq, Peter received a Bronze Star; he received the Defense Meritorious Service Award for his service in Afghanistan. He was awarded a prestigious Pro Bono (CLAY) Award by the State Bar of California for work for Judy Booher, whose son was tragically killed as a firefighter. As a result of this case, the Brett Alan Laws Act was signed by the governor of California to protect emergency personnel.
Peter earned his Bachelor of Science at Illinois State University, where he was named Outstanding Senior, Department of Corrections, and his law degree from Southern Illinois University, where he was named Outstanding Senior, Environmental Law.
In 2013, Peter was inducted into the Hall of Fame, Illinois State University-College of Applied Science and Technology-Criminal Justice Sciences. He received the Service to Diversity Award from San Diego County Bar Association for the formation of the Disability Interest Group to address the under-representation of those with disabilities in the legal field.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., 1984
- Illinois State University, B.S., 1981
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Central District of California
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of California
- Cozen O’Connor’s Diversity Committee
- San Diego County Bar Association’s Ethnic Relations and Diversity Committee
- Board of Director of National Association of Attorneys with Disabilities (NAAD)
- Founder, Disability Interest Group, San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Lawyers Club
- State Bar of California
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program
Rate : $$$$