Mr. Puya Partow-Navid is an associate in the Intellectual Property practice group in the Los Angeles office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. Mr. Partow-Navid’s experience includes preparing and prosecuting patent applications, including patent re-examination and reissue; litigation support and opinions regarding infringement analysis, standards (3GPP, Bluetooth, MPEG) applicability and analysis, patent validity and freedom to operate; and foreign and domestic trademark prosecution and oppositions.
He has experience in prosecuting U.S. and foreign patents relating to wireless communications (CDMA, GSM/GPRS, WCDMA, LTE, Internet of Things (IOT)), digital television signaling, artificial intelligence, robotics, microprocessors, software, computer networks, cellular devices, mechanical devices, and home entertainment devices.
Previously, Mr. Partow-Navid worked as a software quality assurance engineer at Symantec Corporation. While at Symantec, Mr. Partow-Navid developed a new ad-blocking technology which is issued as U.S. Patent No. 8,918,515.
- J.D., Loyola Law School at Los Angeles (2007)
- Senior Production Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review
- 2007 Student Commencement Speaker
- B.S. in Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles (2001)
- Registered Patent Attorney, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$