Rachel J. Schwartz represents property and casualty insurance industry clients in litigation, and counsels them on varied coverage matters, including coverage disputes arising under Commercial General Liability and Directors & Officer policies.
Rachel drafts pleadings, discovery requests and responses, and motions regarding declaratory judgment actions. She reviews insurance policies and conducts legal research on various insurance coverage topics, including late notice, policy exclusions, duty to defend, allocation, and NY Ins. L. 3420(d). She prepares tenders, carrier position letters, and coverage analyses. Her experience also includes pretrial conference participation.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2016)
- University of Maryland (B.S., 2013)
- Associate, Rivkin Radler LLP, Uniondale, NY (2016-2018)
- Legal Intern, Law Office of Ted Sofer, ESQ. P.C. New York, (2012-2015)
- Legal Intern, Monteiro and Fishman LLP, Hempstead, NY (2011-2012)
- Legal Intern, Social Justice Division, Office of the New York State Attorney General, New York (2014-2015)
- Legal Intern to The Honorable Ellen Gesmer , Supreme Court of the State of NY, New York (2014)
- Teaching Intern, Hollywood Elementary School, College Park, MD (2012-2013)
Rate : $$$$