Riaz A. Karamali is a counselor and deal-maker who assists clients with negotiating and closing domestic and international venture finance, private equity, M&A and technology transactions.
Riaz has worked with hundreds of startup and emerging companies, guiding them from their pre-founding stages through their seed and venture capital financing rounds, significant commercial contracts and strategic alliances to their ultimate exit transactions.
He has acted as outside general counsel to many such privately held companies in a wide range of industries, including the blockchain/cryptocurrency, video game, SaaS, FinTech, food tech, biotechnology, semiconductor, energy and medical device sectors. Riaz also regularly represents investors in such companies.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented Solium Capital LLC in its acquisition of Capshare Inc.
- Represented Manticore Games Inc. in its Series A preferred stock financing led by Benchmark capital.
- Represented revolutionary food tech company MycoTechnology Inc. in its Series A and Series B financings, led by Middleland Capital, S2G Ventures and Seventure Partners.
- Represented HYPR, a developer of biometric security blockchain-based software in its seed financing led by RTP Ventures and its Series A financing led by RRE Ventures.
- Represent a number of venture capital funds and investment groups including Keiretsu Capital, Blockchain Capital, S2G Ventures and The Husseini Group.
- Represented INVECAS in its acquisition of Lattice Semiconductor Corporation’s HDMI design team and Simplay Labs subsidiary.
- Represented HYPR, a developer of biometric security software, in its seed financing led by RTP Ventures and its Series A financing led by RRE Ventures.
- Represented Canadian investor Sprott TWM SPV LP in an investment in the Series A Preferred Stock of Tradewind Markets, a FinTech company creating a gold exchange based on blockchain technologies.
- Represented videogame company Concept Art House Inc. in negotiating a strategic partnership with Chinese public company Talkweb.
- Represented internet videogame company, Concept Art House Inc., in its acquisition by Zattikka PLC.
- Represented a leading multi-national telecommunications company in connection with a nation-wide lease management outsourcing project.
- Represented a Fortune 100 technology manufacturer in numerous strategic acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic investments.
- Represented a data management and data protection solution provider in the negotiation of a manufacturing outsourcing agreement.
- Represented an offshore outsourcing company that provides multi-channel customer and technical support, business process outsourcing, and concierge services with their outsourcing agreements.
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 1988
- B.A., Rice University, 1985
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$