Richard J. Jamgochian is Counsel in Simpson Thacher’s New York office and a member of the Firm’s Litigation Department, where he focuses on all aspects of antitrust law. Rick’s practice includes merger enforcement, criminal cartel investigations, private antitrust litigation, and compliance counseling.
He frequently represents clients in merger reviews before the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission. Rick has worked on antitrust matters for clients including KKR, Tradeweb, BC Partners, Blackstone, and Ingersoll-Rand.
Representative matters on which Rick has worked include:
- KeyCorp in its $4.1 billion acquisition of First Niagara Financial Group, Inc.
- NXP Semiconductors N.V. in its $11.8 billion acquisition of Freescale Semiconductor, Ltd.
- Warner/Chappell Music in connection with the DOJ’s review of potential modifications to antitrust consent decrees with performing rights organizations
- Global Medical Response (f/k/a Air Medical Group Holdings) in its $2.4 billion acquisition of American Medical Response, Inc.
- ADT in its merger with Protection 1 in a transaction valued at $15 billion
Experience prior to joining Simpson Thacher includes the representation of:
- Merck & Co. in its $41.1B acquisition of Schering-Plough Corp., and the $14.2B sale of its consumer health business to Bayer AG
Rick received his J.D. from Cornell Law School, cum laude, where he was Managing Editor of the Cornell International Law Journal, and an LL.M. in International and Comparative Law, cum laude, also from Cornell Law School. He received his B.A., cum laude, from Middlebury College.
Prior to law school, he was a paralegal at the U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division, where he worked on merger investigations in the technology and financial services industries. He is admitted to practice in New York, Massachusetts and before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Cornell Law School, 2008 J.D.
- cum laude; Managing Editor, Cornell International Law Journal
- Cornell Law School, 2008 LL.M.
- cum laude
- Middlebury College, 2003 B.A.
- cum laude
- New York 2009
- Massachusetts 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York 2017
Rate : $$$