Robert A. Blackstone counsels clients on strategic labor and employment law problems, including labor relations planning, executive employment and separation agreements, noncompetition and trade secret matters, and issues regarding technology in the workplace. Bob has substantial experience defending employers in litigation and arbitration, and has served as the chief collective bargaining negotiator for clients in the retail, food processing, cable, and broadcast television industries.
Bob currently serves as the partner in charge of the firm’s Seattle office, the largest office with more than 200 lawyers.
Bob’s clients include: Phillips 66, REI, MG2 Architecture, Microsoft, Pacific Market International, Twin City Foods, Charlie’s Produce, Virginia Mason Medical Center, and Northwest Administrators.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Vice chairman, Board of Trustees – Museum of Flight, Seattle
- Trustee, Law Fund
- Member, Board of Directors, Metropolitan Seattle Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Community Development Roundtable
- Management Co-chair, Whistleblower Subcommittee, 2009-2011; Management Co-chair, Subcommittee on Covenants Not to Compete and Trade Secrets, 2003-2007 – Employee Rights and Responsibilities Committee, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Chair, Labor and Employment Law Section, Washington State Bar Association, 2007
- Chair, Labor and Employment Law Section, King County Bar Association, 1996-1997
- Chair, Pacific Coast Labor and Employment Law Conference, 1996
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 1976
- B.A., American Studies, Amherst College, 1973, with honors
Rate : $$$