Robert A. (Bob) Watts focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts. His practice also includes shareholder and securities litigation following mergers or acquisitions, governmental investigations, and internal corporate investigations involving fraud.
He has experience with various stages of litigation, including factual investigation, drafting and responding to discovery, and deposition and motion practice. Bob has an active pro bono practice, including matters from the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation where he has represented survivors of family violence seeking temporary protective orders.
Prior to attending law school, Bob served as a legislative assistant in the United States House of Representatives. He is active in communities across the state, where he serves on the board of directors of the University of Georgia Alumni Association, the Georgia State University Law Alumni Council, and the Westminster Schools of Augusta Alumni Association.
- Georgia State University (J.D. summa cum laude 2014; Order of the Coif; Editor-in-Chief, Georgia State Law Review; Member, Moot Court Board; Member, Georgia State Trial Lawyer Association; Bleckley Inn of Court; 2014 ALI-CLE Scholarship and Leadership Award);
- The University of Georgia (B.A. in Political Science 2010)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Law Clerk to Judge Steve C. Jones, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia (2014-2015); Extern to Justice P. Harris Hines, Supreme Court of Georgia (Summer 2012)
- Legislative Assistant to U.S. Congressman Phil Gingrey, Washington, D.C. (2009-2011) and
- Legislative Aide to Representative Barry Fleming, Atlanta, Georgia (2008)
- HD Supply completes $750 million offering of Senior Notes
- HD Supply defeats appeal of Delaware lawsuit related to the sale of its Power Solutions business unit
- HD Supply defeats petition for leave to appeal lawsuit related to sale of its Power Solutions business unit
- Owens Corning wins partial summary judgment in putative consumer class action over brand of roofing shingles
- Monster prevails on issue of first impression in Delaware Chancery Court
- The Southern Company defends putative securities class action alleging violations of Section 10(b)
- Jarden defends appraisal lawsuits filed by investment funds
- American Capital Agency Corp. acquires American Capital Mortgage Management, LLC for $562 million
- The Southern Company acquires PowerSecure International, Inc. for $425 million.
Rate : $$$$