Robert M. Pozin’s practice focuses on directors and officers liability insurance and other forms of professional liability coverage. He has represented insurers in hundreds of complex matters arising out of D&O, E&O and fiduciary liability exposures including securities actions, shareholder derivative suits, ERISA actions, bankruptcy trustee litigation, merger and acquisition litigation, SEC and other regulatory proceedings, financial institution insolvencies, employment claims, and health care industry business practices litigation.
He has litigated coverage issues in trial and appellate courts, and has represented insurers in alternative dispute resolution proceedings, in California and throughout the country.
Representative Matters :
- Representing E&O insurer in coverage litigation brought by health care insurer arising out of class actions by subscribers claiming health care insurer systematically underpaid claims.
- Representing D&O insurers in connection with securities class actions and derivative suits arising out of stock drops.
- Representing insurer under private company professional liability policy in connection with consumer class actions against insured.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of D&O insurer based on dishonesty exclusion and related-claims provision in coverage action arising out of underlying securities action.
- Prevailed in trial and appellate proceedings in coverage litigation arising from FDIC suits against directors and officers of failed financial institutions.
- Represented insurer under media policy in coverage litigation brought by ratings agency arising from massive bond default.
Professional Experience : Law Clerk, Chief Judge Lloyd F. MacMahon of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1979-1980
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1979, Editor, Harvard Law Review
- Yale University, B.A., cum laude, with distinction, 1976
BAR ADMISSIONS : California, District of Columbia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Rate : $$$