Mr. Rufus Pennington is an experienced and seasoned board-certified civil trial attorney, who has served as trial counsel in litigation throughout our country’s state and Federal courts for more than 30 years.
He has represented clients in a wide variety of cases, from local pro bono matters to U.S. Supreme Court proceedings.
Highly honored, Mr. Pennington keeps pro bono work as an integral part of his practice, devoting hours each week to those who need legal help but cannot afford to hire a lawyer. His pro bono work has covered environmental issues, government and educational entities, and other various community groups.
He even represented the organized plaintiff’s trial bar as amicus curiae before the U.S. Supreme Court in two cases regarding restrictions on lawyer advertising and solicitation.
- Duke University, Bachelor of Arts, 1978
- University of Florida, Juris Doctor, 1981
- United States Supreme Court
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
Professional Activities and Affiliations:
- Florida Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers (Florida State Chair, 2009-11; Regent, 2013-current)
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, International Society of Barristers
- Fellow, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Florida Trend Legal Elite
Rate : $$$