Saima Z. Sheikh represents employers in a variety of employment law matters, focusing on wage and hour, discrimination and breach of contract litigation in various industries including hospitality, healthcare, financial services and retail.
She regularly counsels management regarding day-to-day workplace issues as well as compliance with existing and new federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
She negotiates, drafts and enforces employment agreements and restrictive covenants, including noncompetition and non-solicitation provisions. Saima is highly attentive to clients’ business objectives and offers creative strategies and strong advocacy.
- Representing large hospital system in connection with 19 discrimination cases filed against it pertaining to mandatory vaccine requirements.
- Defending clients in a variety of industries in federal and state putative class action lawsuits alleging variety of wage and hour issues.
- Successfully mediated and negotiated favorable settlements in a wide variety of single-plaintiff and class action cases involving various employment disputes.
- Defeated application for injunctive relief on behalf of medical sales company on competitor’s customer solicitation allegations.
- Part of trial team for a health plan provider in connection with a religious discrimination enforcement action brought by the EEOC on behalf of former employees.
- Attained a TRO against a craft company and enjoined its sales of competing product based on its violation of a noncompetition agreement, a distributor agreement and unfair competition.
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Muslim Bar Association of New York: Women’s Co-Chairperson
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association of New York
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2011; Senior Notes Editor, Public Contract Law Journal
- B.A., Emory University, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 2017
- District of Columbia, 2015
Rate : $$$