Sal Guerrera represents banks and other financial institutions in U.S. domestic and international financings, including financings of tender offers, mergers and acquisitions generally; financings of recapitalizations and spinoffs; first-lien/second-lien financings; working capital and asset-based financings; subordinated debt, bridge and mezzanine financings; restructurings and work-outs; and special-purpose financings.
While primarily representing financial institutions, including Credit Suisse AG, Jefferies Finance and Wells Fargo, Mr. Guerrera also represents borrowers and issuers, including Devon Energy Corporation, Fidelity & Guaranty Life, Innoviva, Inc. and XL Group Ltd.
Mr. Guerrera has been listed repeatedly in Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Businessand The Best Lawyers in America. The International Law Office selected Mr. Guerrera as a winner of a 2013 ILO Client Choice Award in recognition of his excellence in client service.
Recent examples of Mr. Guerrera’s transactions include representing:
- Jefferies Finance LLC in $2.04 billion of senior secured first-lien and second-lien credit facilities for Avantor Performance Materials Holdings, LLC and Nusil Investments LLC;
- Devon Energy Corporation in $4.5 billion of bridge and term loan facilities in connection with its $6 billion acquisition of the Eagle Ford assets of GeoSouthern Energy Corporation;
- Citigroup and UBS AG with respect to commitments to provide a $1 billion bridge facility to Essex Property Trust, Inc. in connection with its $4.3 billion acquisition of BRE Properties, Inc.;
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd. in obtaining $1 billion of committed financing from Morgan Stanley Senior Funding in connection with its proposed, but terminated, unsolicited $3.2 billion acquisition of Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited;
- Credit Suisse AG in a $355 million senior secured credit facility for CT Technologies Intermediate Holdings, Inc. and Smart Holdings Corp., subsidiaries of HealthPort Incorporated, in connection with HealthPort’s acquisition by a fund managed by New Mountain Capital, LLC;
- Credit Suisse AG in a $350 million senior secured credit facility for US LBM Holdings, LLC, a distributor of building materials, and its subsidiaries;
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Law, 1987
- B.A., Fairfield University, 1984 (summa cum laude)
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$