Salvador “Sal” Davila advises and represents employers in all areas of labor and employment law. His practice focuses on matters involving discrimination, retaliation, workplace safety and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance, FLSA collective actions, Texas workers’ compensation retaliation, and non-competes.
He has extensive experience in handling litigation in federal and state courts across Texas, and is well-versed in the Texas court system. He has assisted clients in the defense of discrimination and retaliation claims, as well as class action wage and hour litigation in matters involving claims of misclassification and off-the-clock work.
In addition to his litigation experience, Sal also has the ability to understand and appreciate the cultural differences inherent when communicating with Spanish-speaking employees.
Having been brought-up in a Spanish-speaking home, Sal is able to communicate fluently in Spanish, which has allowed him to effectively handle employment matters in Texas. He is at ease handling employee interviews in either English or Spanish without hesitation.
Sal is an active member and the current president-elect of the Hispanic Bar Association of Austin, through which he has been involved in efforts to provide scholarships to students in low-income schools. He also provides Pro Bono services to low-income families, and has previously assisted individuals that are Spanish-speaking.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2008
- B.B.A., University of Texas McCombs School of Business, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Board Member, Hispanic Bar Association of Austin Charitable Foundation Board of Directors
- Board Member, Austin Young Lawyers Association Board of Directors
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, Austin Bar Association
- Member, Austin Bar Association’s Leadership Academy Class of 2018
Rate : $$$$