Mr. R. Colt Kirkland is a native and lifelong resident of Ocala. He received his undergraduate degree in Criminal Justice, with high honors, from the University of Florida in 1983 and is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. He received his law degree from the University of Florida Holland School of Law in 1986, and was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1986.
In 1993, Mr. Kirkland received the Marion County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project Pro Bono Service Award and he has served as the President of the Board of Directors of Withlacoochee Area Legal Services, Inc.
Mr. Kirkland limits his practice to civil litigation, concentrating in personal injury law, family law, and construction law, representing the interests of owners, contractors and suppliers. He is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, all State Courts and the Supreme Court of Florida.
- Florida, 1986
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, J.D. – 1986
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, B.A. – 1983
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Withlacoochee Area Legal Services, Inc., President of the Board of Directors
Rate : $$$