A commercial and business litigator, Samantha J. Kavanaugh defends corporate entities and individuals in federal and state courts around the country. She has experience litigating securities class actions, private equity matters, business torts, contract disputes, and real estate matters.
Samantha’s practice concentrates on defending clients in securities class actions, alleging securities fraud, accounting fraud and breach of fiduciary duties. She has defended many securities class actions collectively seeking damages in the billions of dollars.
Her defense of these cases often involves multiple related lawsuits and derivative claims. Samantha also has experience conducting internal investigations, for both public and private companies.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1996
- B.A., George Mason University, 1993
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Dade County Bar Association e-Mentoring Program Mentor, 2003-2007 and Steering Committee Member, 2004-2007
Rate : $$$$