Xiao Luo is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group. His practice focuses on advising sponsors of private equity funds, including buyout and real estate funds. He also advises sponsors and investors in connection with complex secondary transactions, including direct sales and purchases of fund interests.
Mr. Luo’s recent experience includes acting for clients such as Carmel Partners, Credit Suisse, HarbourVest Partners and Providence Equity Partners. Mr. Luo joined the firm in 2014. Mr. Luo received a J.D. from New York University School of Law, magna cum laude, in 2014, where he was the executive editor of the New York University Journal of Legislation and Public Policy.
He received an LL.M. in 2009 from Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. Mr. Luo received a Bachelor of Law, magna cum laude, from Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Law in 2004.
Mr. Luo’s native language is Mandarin Chinese and he is fluent in English.
- Providence Equity Partners in the combination of Benefit Street Partners and Franklin Templeton Investments.
- Carmel Partners in the formation of:
- Carmel Partners Investment Fund VII, a $1.28 billion U.S. real estate fund.
- Carmel Partners Investment Fund VI, a $1 billion U.S. real estate fund.
- GSO Capital Partners in certain energy and debt hybrid hedge fund-related activities, including the formation of GSO Energy Select Opportunities Fund, a $3 billion North America power/energy fund.
- HarbourVest Partners in a variety of secondary transactions.
- HarbourVest Partners in its acquisition from Bank of America of the BAML Capital Access Funds group, a private equity fund-of-funds manager focused on opportunities with emerging managers, diverse managers, the lower middle market and other underserved markets.
- Oaktree Capital Management in the formation of Oaktree Power Opportunities Fund IV, a $1.1 billion U.S. energy and infrastructure fund.
- Providence Equity Partners in the formation of Providence Strategic Growth Fund III, a $1.3 billion North America growth fund.
- New York University School of Law, 2014, J.D.
- Law School, 2009, LL.M.
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2007, Master of Laws
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2004, Bachelor of Laws
- New York
Rate : $$$$