Sarah Bryan Fask represents and counsels retailers, manufacturers, insurance companies, nonprofit organizations and others in diverse employment law and employee benefits matters. She counsels and defends claims of discrimination, harassment and retaliation arising under :
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The New Jersey Law Against Discrimination
Sarah works with in-house counsel and human resources professionals to implement best practices, effectively address employee concerns and avoid unnecessary litigation.
If litigation is unavoidable, she draws on her years of experience in federal courts, well as before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations. When litigating, Sarah ensures that all strategy decisions are made with the clients’ goals for the litigation front and center.
In addition to her employment law work, Sarah maintains a nationwide practice focusing on Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) litigation. Sarah regularly counsels and represents employers with issues involving the interplay between collective bargaining, multiemployer pension plan obligations and withdrawal liability.
Within the multiemployer withdrawal liability space, she has extensive experience defending against allegations of successorship, evade or avoid transactions and the construction industry exemptions.
Sarah has also successfully defended against claims in federal courts across the country alleging breach of fiduciary duty and an improper denial of disability, medical or severance benefits. Finally, Sarah also litigates ERISA preemption issues and enforces ERISA plan subrogation and reimbursement rights.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2009
- B.A., Swarthmore College, 2005
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- New Jersey Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Vice-Chair, Newsletter Committee, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Liaison, Young Lawyers Committee, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Fomer Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Division, Labor and Employment Law Committee, American Bar Association
- Former Development Fellow, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Former Member, Law Student Outreach Committee
Rate : $$$