Scott Storey is a proud Ann Arbor native and University of Michigan alumnus. He provides legal and business solutions to a wide range of clients, while also serving as the firm’s General Counsel.
Over the course of his career, Scott has gained significant experience while immersing himself into a wide variety of legal disciplines. In an era when many lawyers tend to specialize in just two or three areas, Scott offers a distinct advantage to clients in that his expertise is both deep and broad.
Scott’s practice focuses on:
- Energy Law: Assisting clients with oil and gas, wind power, alternative energy, administrative hearings, litigation, environmental, leasing, land use and matters before the Michigan Public Service Commission and the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.
- Law of Lawyering: Counseling attorneys and law firms on the legal aspects to the practice of law including law firm partnership and employment issues, insurance, malpractice, client conflicts, and counseling attorneys on matters before the State Bar of Michigan such as grievances, Bar appeals and attorney discipline.
- Litigation: Representing clients in insurance, professional liability, products liability, contract disputes, intellectual property, trade secrets, personal injury, real estate, employment, civil rights, agri-business, and banking matters in all stages of arbitration, mediation and litigation.
- Construction: Providing legal counsel on construction defects, contracts, permits and licensing, land use and zoning, construction management, insurance and related-litigation.
- Appeals: Developing appellate briefs and oral argument strategies on behalf of clients.
In addition to his diverse professional portfolio, Scott is active in many professional and community organizations and holds a residential builder license for the State of Michigan.
- Washington & Lee University School of Law, J.D., 1979
- University of Michigan, B.G.S., 1976, with honor
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Bankruptcy Court of the Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$