Scott D. Knapp has a broad background in complex business and civil litigation. In handling disputes from the pre-suit stage all the way through verdict or settlement, Scott employs a tactical and entrepreneurial approach toward litigation.
He has experience representing clients in matters involving breach of contract, enforcement of restrictive covenants, class actions, consumer protection, unfair and deceptive trade practices, upstream entity and corporate liability defense, partnership disputes, professional liability and other business torts, as well as bankruptcy-related litigation.
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, cum laude (2005)
- Florida State University, BS, magna cum laude (2002)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Litigated cases involving medical and professional malpractice, products liability, mass tort, catastrophic injury, bad faith, and insurance disputes.
- Represented several leading financial institutions in a variety of actions, including in national and regional class action claims and multi-district litigation, as well as lender liability actions and loan servicing litigation throughout the State of Florida.
- Mr. Knapp also has a background in sports law. Throughout law school he worked with the executive management for the Miami Heat of the National Basketball Association. Since, he has represented clients in several matters in the sports industry, including representation of a disability insurance carrier in a multimillion-dollar claim brought by a professional franchise.
- Past Chairman, The Florida Bar
- Executive Board of Directors, B’nai B’rith International
- Past Co-Chair, Broward County Bar Association Trial Lawyers Section
- Past President, B’nai B’rith Justice Unit (Broward County’s Jewish Bar Association)
Rate : $$$