Shannon Burr is a partner in the New Orleans office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Insurance Coverage, General Liability, First Party Property, Construction and Transportation Practices.
Ms. Burr has extensive experience in a wide variety of complex civil litigation practice areas, including defense of insurers in first party claims as well as defending clients involved in construction litigation, commercial general liability and commercial automobile liability, premises liability, and personal automobile liability.
She has engaged in numerous arbitrations, mediations, and pretrial settlement conferences to obtain favorable results for her clients. She has successfully defended claims from pre-suit litigation to dispositive motions and trial.
Ms. Burr holds a Certificate of Concentration in Maritime Law from Tulane University Law School, and has successfully represented clients in maritime litigation including cases under the Jones Act, the Carriage of Goods by Sea Act (COGSA), and the Longshoremen and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Tulane University, Juris Doctor, 2003
- Tulane University, Bachelor of Arts, 1995
- State Bar Admissions, Louisiana
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$$