Shannon E. McClure is a partner in the firm’s Complex Litigation Group, focusing her practice on complex civil litigation on behalf of national and multi-national companies. A first-chair litigator, Shannon handles business disputes before federal and state trial and appellate courts, as well as arbitrations and mediations.
Shannon presently serves as co-liaison counsel to defendants in In re Prescription Opiate Litigation (N.D. Ohio). Shannon is particularly adept at pre-litigation negotiation and counseling (including early case assessments); defending multidistrict litigation, putative class actions, and other complex matters; and efficiently managing large and complex e-discovery populations.
She frequently works on matters involving multi-jurisdictional components and large defense groups. She is frequently called upon to prepare fact and expert witnesses for deposition and trial, utilizing her ability to digest and distill vast amounts of complex information to facilitate clear and concise witness presentation.
She has significant experience in a wide variety substantive areas of law, including commercial contract claims, business torts, antitrust, Sarbanes Oxley/Dodd Frank whistleblower, employment discrimination, § 1983 constitutional tort claims, ERISA benefits and fiduciary litigation, wage and hour class and collective actions, state tax appeals, and defamation/First Amendment law.
She frequently represents companies in the following industries: pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution, food supply chain, financial litigation, real estate, and telecommunications.
Shannon’s peers elected her to serve as the 2017 Fixed Share Partner Observer on the firm’s Global Executive Committee. She serves on the Board of Directors of Philadelphia’s Public Interest Law Center (Co-Chair, Litigation Committee), and as an Assistant Editor of the Antitrust Law Journal (ABA Section of Antitrust Law).
- William & Mary School of Law, 2002, J.D., Executive Editor, William and Mary Law Review; Member, William and Mary Journal of Women and the Law; Moot Court Team Member; Merit Scholarship Recipient; Gambrell Professionalism Award
- College of William & Mary, B.A., History and Theater, Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society; Dean’s List; Kappa Kappa Gamma; Study Abroad (London, Spring 1996)
Professional Admissions & Qualifications :
- New York
- New Jersey
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court – District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court – District of New Jersey
Professional Affiliations :
- Board Member, Public Interest Law Center (2016- )
- Vice-Chair, ABA Section of Antitrust Law, Joint Conduct Committee (2014- )
- Board Member, Fairmount Community Development Corporation (2011-2015)
- Vice-Chair, ABA Section of Antitrust Law, Civil Practice & Procedure Committee (2011-2014)
Clerkships : Honorable Timothy J. Savage, U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1 September 2003 to 1 September 2005
- Defending national pharmaceutical distributor against lawsuits in various jurisdictions
- Defending national corporation against lawsuit filed by a state attorney general
- Defending international managed care company in arbitrations and lawsuits filed by hospital system relating to claim reimbursement rates
- First-chair defense of national package delivery company at a week-long ADA regarded as trial
- Defended international, publicly-traded company against Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower claim
- Defeated government’s motion to dismiss and summary judgment motions on issue of first impression in Federal Tort Claims Act case against the United States.
- Achieved multiple entries of summary judgment on behalf of employers in ERISA denial-of-benefits actions and employment discrimination claims.
Rate : $$$